When you break or damage a tooth due to injury or decay, it creates an unsightly hole in your smile. The loss of tooth structure will effect the health and beauty of your smile. It can lead to problems in chewing and speaking, depending upon the location of the damaged tooth.
A dental crown will not only repair the loss of tooth structure and function, it will also restore your smile’s natural beauty. A dental crown fits over top of the affected tooth, restoring its natural shape, size and strength. Dental crowns are also an excellent way to cover teeth that are discolored or misshapen.
Benefits of Dental Crowns:
- Maintains and repairs natural tooth structure
- Increases the structural integrity of the tooth
- Prevents tooth extraction
- Prevents bone loss due to tooth extraction
- Restores discolored or misshapen teeth.